Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Reflections on WEEK 1

1) If anything time and honestly my procrastination would be the only things to affect my participation in the class. I really do not want this class to be a repeated procrastination experience because I'm so tired of those. A great factor would be time. I might be getting a job soon and depending on the time I get home, I will begin my homework very late and at times might not get to all of it but since school is my priority I can almost garantuee that this will not occur. As far as the blog, I utilize my smartphone for posts and pretty much everything else. Technology-wise, I will have difficulty printing any assignments but not with accessing the internet. I may miss the bus a couple of times but if I am not present physically, I will still go on the blog and remain up to date. If my father stops paying for the data on my phone then yes, this will create a huge problem! 


2) One of the best learning experiences I was ever able to be part of was when our 7th grade Avid class visited Washington D.C, the capital of the United States of America. It was a fascinating experience because I learned so much about our nation's history and colonial times. I encountered various cultures that I had never before at the time ever even seen or knew much about. We were also taught one of the most important life skills in our world-perseverance. This was done through an activity that we all hated during the course of it but appreciated it afterwards. We were forced to march just like the soldiers at the Gettysburg Address in negative degree weather with very little clothing and held a certain pose for hours. We also ate like they would have back then, by candlelight. I also very much enjoyed it because I got to experience it with my fellow Avid peers. It taught me that I really don't know or understand anything until I fully experience it or get as close as I can get to it. It taught me that in order to really understand things emotionally, you need to listen with your heart and not just your ears. I knew what was happening beause the change was so immense! 


3) I am most excited about learning about different people's perspectives on certain things. It completely amazes me how differently everyone thinks and how the person next to you can be thinking the exact opposite and feel as strongly about their opinion has you feel about yours. I am concerned that it may move at a pace much too quick for me but I believe I will grow accustomed to it and it will be easier in the future for everyone. I look forward to learning the absolute truth about the world and our motives as human beings. I know it will make a significant difference in my life because I will definitely apply my knowledge to anything I do in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment