Monday, November 4, 2013

WHAT I SEE IS ALL IN MY HEAD

Hahaha I remember doing this experiment a while back in junior high I think but I completely forgot about it so when watchig this video for the second time, I watched it as if it were my first and I did not notice the gorilla at all! It amazed me how after I showed the video to a couple of my friends, they had not noticed the gorilla either. People did not notice the gorilla because we were given a specific task to complete therefore we were concentrated on a single concept and not paying attention to the entire atmosphere as a whole. This proves how easily people can become distracted over any little thing. It applies to our everyday life because lets say we have something going on internally, whether it's emotional or mental but it can affect us gravely throughout our days. An example of an external distraction would be lets say you're driving down highway 101 and you suddenly become mesmerized by the beautiful ocean scene and you begin to loose track of where you are and how you are actually suppose to be paying attention to the road because you can be responsible for multiple accidents and countless lives including your own. This can be avoided obviously, but a single distraction can cause the unexpected. I feel as though we view things "as they are" only because that is how we've been told they are when in reality, they can be and are numerous things! But instead we take the coward route and choose to believe what others say about things instead of searching for the truth ourselves, which is EXACTLY what we need to do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment