Monday, February 10, 2014

Look around...

Recently, it has come to my attention that I tend to pay attention to the smaller things in life that many find irrelevant to spend time thinking about. Things that probably NO ONE thinks about. I find myself slowly getting lost in my wonderland asking a lot of the time "How did they build this?" or "Who thought of this?" It amazes that people pay very little attention to the things they utilize every single day of their lives. I do not quite understand how many people do not even bother to think about how amazing it is that a such thing like the internet exists, or the fact that I am able to fully connect through the phone with my aunt in Mexico who is 1,000 miles away! Or how the steering wheel of a car can easily manage to make four wheels turn perfectly in the direction in which you please, or how an airplane weighing tons is able to float miles high in the sky and not fall, or how we were able to send a human being to the MOON! The things humans have accomplished in the past centuries are truly astonishing and it makes me think of the things that we have yet to create.
I still feel like we do not appreciate the things that make our world go round. It is almost like we are mind robots, imprisoned in our own bodies by the media and the way humans have constructed our society to be. I hope many of you begin to appreciate your surroundings and all the things we have done in the world and be grateful that we have luxuries and not just necessities. I would like to take the time to tell whoever is reading this that they need not think that any idea of theirs is far too foolish because there is much more that can and will be done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment