Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Benchmark Project- Research Paper/Progress

Valentina Alvarado
Dr. Preston
Expository Composition
9 March 2014
Masterpiece Project

When someone interrupts the daily intoxicating world of“education” that we as students are unfortunately living in everyday to ask you what you are passionate about, you become extremely troubled at first, just as I did. I was busy attempting to keep up with important and unrealistic deadlines for scholarships and classwork in my AP classes as well as worrying about my responsibilities at home when I should not have to when, bam! I am finally given the opportunity to do something highly relevant to real life in school! I can finally connect my own interests in the work place or as I like to call kid jail, and not only physically but mainly mentally. Things are twisted for once and I am finally able to think and spur up thoughts about my passion that had been thrown to the back of my brain for multiple school years. As a young child I always knew what I wanted to do which was to help other human beings be happy with themselves and their lives even if I was not content with my own. My parents never kept things from me about the world and always exposed me to the beautiful and also horrific things that took place in our society at the appropriate age and for that I thank them with all my heart because it taught me that the world needs me now more than ever.

To learn how I can best help others in the world, my studies consisted of almost eighty percent human psychology and human interactions while the other twenty percent consisted of human compassion. Under these specific subjects, I realized what huge relevance they have to my field of study. It helped me to understand why so many relationships fail as well as what makes us reach what every human being in this world wants and that is happiness. We are not alone in this world and as unappealing as it may sound we have no other choice but to interact with one another and we will be forced to do so for the rest of our lives. It has also been proving that it is within our nature to love and care for one another which is the fruit of all good. We want others to be happy simply because we want to be happy and because of karma. Things will pay off for you if you are a good man just as things will also go bad for you if you deserve it in every way. The point is, we interact with each other in two ways, either negatively or positively. I began studying the positive way at first because that was my focus but then asked myself if I wanted to continue without studying the negative side first and of course the answer was no. I had to study the complete opposite part of my passion in order to fully understand what I was one day going to preach so I have been studying both, randomly.

I have come to understand many things in this world and one of the most important things I cannot stress enough would be your own experiences. Not a single person could understand something unless it has personally occurred to them as well. Until then, they will understand, and be able to guide others on the steps of recuperation. Knowing this important fact many things in my life changed as I began to experience things that I never thought would happen to me but with every lost moment and constant inquiry about the reasoning behind all this I came to a conclusion. Human beings physically, mentally and emotionally need each other. Although many would hate to admit it, it is true. We think we can get by completely on our own and that we do not need anyone else but the truth of the matter is that we do not know everything and sometimes we need that shoulder to cry on, or that piece of advice that changed your life. Do not get me wrong, I am in no way saying that we should not value ourselves as individuals and the willpower that has led us to succeed in life because loving ourselves is the necessary in this life. But just as people put us down, we need those other people who help us skyrocket back up.  

One of the most important things in life, this world and especially this country is something I learned last semester in the classroom which was freedom. A great teacher of mine once told me that freedom is unfortunately not free, which is ironic is it not? Why should we have to pay in any physical way, shape, or form for something we feel that we were innately born with? I did for a while contemplate on making freedom my masterpiece field but instead realized that to understand why so many countries’ governments resent freedom I would first have to dig deep enough into our heads and understand what exactly was going on in our brains. The greatest thing I learned was something I had always believed to be true from the start- the majority of your character, morals, ideals and beliefs all begin during your childhood. Your childhood is so important. Human brains are extremely delicate at this stage, where most of our knowledge comes directly from our parents’ which leads me to my next conclusion. How we are raised and what we were taught to believe true at some point in our lives has a massive impact on our ideology and perception of what is true and what is false. Unfortunately as children, we do not have the ability to tell the difference of many things for example right from wrong unless our parents took on the responsibility of teaching us this properly. But everything can go wrong if the parents mix these two up or teach their kids negative thing such as racial stereotypes or a lack of manners and decent behavior. This then leads to a child being brainwashed in a less extremist way as you would see in a country such as North Korea. In this country, they are brainwashed from the start that the American public are terrible people whose only desire is to kill them and from this, ignorant human beings would choose to fight back or “hate them” back when in reality it is not at all their fault. They are just as innocent as the person sitting next to you. This is too complex to understand or accept for many people but this is what leads many idiots making world decisions into heavy destruction and disruption of peace in many countries and the world overall. This study in particular forced me to open my eyes to the reality that we need to stick together and instead of pushing each other down we help rise each other up just as some of our brave ancestors Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King Jr., Gandhi, etcetera did. If it were not for people like these who risked their own sacred beautiful lives for the weaker and less daring to those who preached hatred for humanity then the world would be even worse than it is today.

It is people like these who inspire me to help get everyone on a universal level of understanding and embrace human compassion for one another. To be content with myself by the end of June I will first need to put a halt to the various ideas and desires in my head under this one vague topic and finally choose one or a couple that I can work something up with along with others and make a change that will hopefully leave me satisfied with my overall work this entire school year. One of the things I think will impress my audience would be reaching out to the world itself and contacting people in other countries (probably mainly the ones that are English and Spanish-speaking) and communicating with them my ideas and having them install and foster positive change in their areas as well. To implement my ideas, I would need to speak to experts on specific things that I would be needing help with. As I am doing so I should probably also develop frequent contacts in the right fields for future references.

The biggest thing I would need to do for myself in order for any of this to take place would be to have confidence in myself and what I am doing. This project was at first a little difficult for me to being because I did not see myself taking action with my passion until way after high school because I did not think I would be given the opportunity during my teenage years and now that I have it is sort of a slap in the face because it tells me that I could have been doing this all along and I did not need someone to tell me when to do it and it feels amazing to finally take action. I would very much prefer as many people to join my network as possible because I know that everyone has great ideas and maybe I can incorporate their ideas with my own and form something greater which would be absolutely fascinating.It really does not matter what my classmates passions are because whatever they are, they can still help in my network regardless because everyone should want to help because whatever they love would not be possible if that idea in the head was not encouraged by another human being and for this and an infinite amount of reasons helping each other progress in the world should be valued greatly.

Whether we choose to accept it now or not, helping others which would in turn benefit you because others would also be helping you is the only way out. It is the only way out of the torture we choose to put ourselves in everyday when we need help and decide instead not to ask for it because we are too shy or embarrassed to seek that attention when it can save your life. Helping one another would not only make your own life easier but the world overall as well in every way. If the borders could be erased amongst people and if communication would be improved, positive changes would take place and beautiful things would begin happen to the planet as we learn from one another. This may seem to take a lot of time,perhaps maybe even centuries for us to reach a point of understanding worldwide and agree on the fact that working together and being less selfish will save us and reward us in the end, but it all starts small and will progress to the next stages. We all need each other. Just as President Ronald Reagan once stated, “We cannot help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”

No comments:

Post a Comment